I wanted a recipe that was quick, delicious, simple and ViSalus Challenge friendly for this week. Pizza has always held a special place in my heart but it’s impossible to get all the flavors I love without it being dreadfully tasteless or incredibly bad for you. Well, this isn’t perfect but it’s great for a snack or a light meal. Right around 220 calories, 4 grams of fat, 28 grams of carbs, 3 grams from dietary fiber and 8 grams of protein. A little carb heavy, but hey, this isn’t Atkins! This could also make a great appetizer for your next party!
- Whole wheat tortilla
- Diced tomatoes, I used Italian seasoned
- Baby spinach
- Olive oil
- Basil, chopped
- Garlic, chopped
- Fat free mozzarella
- Kosher salt
- Using the whole K.I.S.S. principle, I’ll explain quickly and let the pictures do most of the talking. I combined the basil, garlic, a pinch of kosher salt and cracked pepper in a small bowl.
- I brushed the tortilla with the mixture, sprinkled with Parmesan, added my tomatoes, spinach and mozzarella.
- Put into a pre-heated 500F oven on top of a pizza stone and baked about 3 minutes until cheese had melted and the tortilla had fluffed up. Remove, slice, enjoy! It’s really that simple!
- Spinach Tomato Pesto Pizza (sheslosingit.net)
- Meatless Monday Recipe: Sweet Potato and Spinach Quesadillas (news.health.com)
- How to Choose a Healthy Slice of Pizza (health.usnews.com)